Tenant Q&As

How do I pay my rent?

Rent can be paid directly to Hudson Homes Realty Trust Account. These details are included on your lease agreement. Payment may be made by electronic transfer or over the counter at any NAB branch.

Ensure that you use the correct reference on your payment – if you do not use the correct reference, your payment may not be allocated correctly and your rent may show as being in arrears. If you would like to make sure your payments are being allocated correctly, please email your Property Manager and request a payment ledger be emailed to you.

What happens if I can’t pay my rent?

Most importantly, contact your Property Manager. Depending on your circumstances, a payment plan may be agreed on.

Please be aware that frequent late payments or irregular payments will reflect poorly on your tenancy and may affect your prospects for successfully applying for future rental properties.

It is our policy to issue a Termination Notice for non-payment of rent where rent falls 15 days in arrears.

Do I pay water usage?

Generally, YES. Where a property is separately metered for water usage and meets the minimum criteria water usage will be charged. Hudson Home Realty will issue you an invoice for water usage. This needs to be paid to Hudson Homes Realty, and NOT to Hunter Water or Sydney Water. The water meter reading at the commencement of the tenancy is recorded on the Ingoing Condition Report.

Ingoing condition report

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have completed the Ingoing Condition Report for the property. Detailed instructions on how to do this are included on the front page of the Condition Report. You must return your completed condition report to Hudson Homes Realty within 7 DAYS, keeping a copy for your records. If you do not return the Condition Report, it will be considered that you are in agreement with the report provided to you at the time of signing the lease, and this report will be used at the vacating inspection.

Do I need to have contents insurance?

The landlords building insurance does NOT cover your personal belongings. It is your responsibility to obtain insurance to protect your possessions. We can assist arranging Tenant Cover.

I’m moving out – what do I do?

If your lease has expired, you must give 21 days’ notice in writing. The notice must state the date which will be your final date/date keys will be returned. We will provide written confirmation of receipt of your notice. If you have not received a reply email or phone call within 1 business day, please contact your Property Manager to ensure your notice has been received.

If you are vacating prior to the end of your fixed term (breaking your lease), please contact your Property Manager urgently.

I am locked out. What do I do?

Keys from the office may be used, and are available during business hours only. If you have locked yourself out outside of office hours, you will need to contact a locksmith to gain entry. This will be a tenant expense.

If you have lost your keys, jeopardising the security of the property, the owner is not responsible to change the locks. If you wish for the locks to be changed, you may do so at your own expense and only with Hudson Homes Realty prior consent.

Will the agent/landlord do inspections of the property?

Yes, regular routine inspections will be done. In some instances, the owner may be in attendance and accompany the agent. The correct notice in accordance with Residential Tenancies Act 2010 will be given. If you will not be at home, we will use our office keys to gain access and leave a card as evidence of the inspection.

How do I report maintenance?

It is best for general maintenance to be reported in writing – you will then also have a record of having reported the maintenance. If you have not had a response within 1 business day, phone your Property Manager to ensure your report has been received.

In the event of an emergency, please phone your Property Manager.

Urgent repairs are outlined in your lease.

Emergency repairs

In the event of an emergency, the following numbers may be used:

Police, fire or ambulance – 000

SES – 132 500


AUSGRID – 131 388


HUNTER WATER – 1300 657 000

GOSFORD CITY COUNCIL – (02) 4325 8222.

WYONG SHIRE COUNCIL – (02) 4350 5555